Mycologist wanted for speaking engagement in London

Moderator: Ian Knox

Mycologist wanted for speaking engagement in London

Postby GeoffDann » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:42 pm

Somebody sent me this email. I am not interested in doing it, but told her I'd post the message here and see if anybody else might want to do it

(from louiseindc@gmail.com)

Dear Geoff

I came across your name when researching 'mycology experts' and I was wondering if you could help. I run an event called Nerd Nite London and we're looking for a presenter to speak about fungus, following an audience member's request. Nerd Nite London is is a monthly event held in more than 50 cities across the globe during which several speakers give 14-17 minute fun-yet-informative presentations across all disciplines – while the audience drinks along.

Previous presentations have included how you can predict the end of the world through maths, why the naked mole rat is awesome, how scientists can decode your dreams, the universe explained using lego, the history of beer etc. All profits from the events go to charity, and we usually sell out to an audience of about 90 people. The audience is a friendly, nerdy crowd who like to learn stuff (while drinking).

There is more at www.nerdnite.london.com, on facebook at facebook.com/nerdnitelondon and on twitter @nerdnitelondon

If you yourself would be interested in speaking, that would be great. Alternatively, perhaps you know someone you could put us in touch with?

Dates in 2015 that we're looking for speakers include:

Jan 21st,
March 18th,
April 15th
May 20th
June 17th
July 15th
August19th

Please let me know if you have any questions. If you'd like to come to one of our events before committing, let me know and we can add you to they guest list for one of these dates. I look forward to hearing from you

Kind regards

Louise
GeoffDann

Return to General discussion