Masses of fungi all over the place

Moderator: Ian Knox

Masses of fungi all over the place

Postby GeoffDann » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:49 pm

Anybody still using this board?

Loads of fungi currently popping up, especially on surburban roadsides and my local council estate. Lots of boletes and various members of the Agaricaceae. And the woods are full of Russulas. Also quite a few people reporting finding Liberty Caps...in July.
GeoffDann

Re: Masses of fungi all over the place

Postby Roy Miller » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:07 pm

Occasionally there are a few posts here, not enough, I'm afraid.

Yes, lots of fungi about here too. A strange year, even mature hazelnuts were falling in many places in late July - so bizarre!
Roy Miller

Postby Roy Betts » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:56 am

I check it once a week, but no-one posts on the "Determination: what is it?" section any more. I'm surprised the site's still running.
The recent rain in the SW has started fruiting here too, although the rains been a bit patchy. But it is now having an affect on the grasslands with 4 Entolomas recorded on the weekend (serrulatum, griseocyaneum, ameides, turci). Not been out to any woods lately but under single trees have recorded Laccaria laccata, Inocybe curvipes, Russula praetervisa & Xerocomus bubalinus.
Re Liberty Caps, Geoff: my database has 54 records - all mid Sept. to early Dec. with the exception of one in July! (that was 1988).
Roy Betts

Postby GeoffDann » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:28 pm

Roy Betts wrote:I check it once a week, but no-one posts on the "Determination: what is it?" section any more. I'm surprised the site's still running.
The recent rain in the SW has started fruiting here too, although the rains been a bit patchy. But it is now having an affect on the grasslands with 4 Entolomas recorded on the weekend (serrulatum, griseocyaneum, ameides, turci). Not been out to any woods lately but under single trees have recorded Laccaria laccata, Inocybe curvipes, Russula praetervisa & Xerocomus bubalinus.
Re Liberty Caps, Geoff: my database has 54 records - all mid Sept. to early Dec. with the exception of one in July! (that was 1988).

I have seen at least 20 posts (all on facebook) of people claiming to have found liberty caps in the UK in the past fortnight. :-)
GeoffDann

Return to General discussion