Wild About Britain Website

Posts about the ABFG's in-house magazine

Wild About Britain Website

Postby David Edington » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:30 am

Judging from the correspondence in response to an editorial in the Autumn 2008 issue of the Forayer, a little bit of silt has been stirred up from the bottom of the WAB pond. On behalf of those members who have done more than just poke a stick into the crystal waters of this fount of knowledge, and who derive enormous encouragement and pleasure from immersing themselves in that virtual environment, I would like to place on record that the massive benefits to the amateur field mycologist through participation in those forums far outweigh the occasional spectacle of two entrenched dogmas worrying over a bone. I can only hope that these embryo ABFG Forums prove to be equally as informative and stay free from any such ego bashing as created that brief murky episode.

David Edington
David Edington

Re: Wild About Britain Website

Postby David Edington » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:52 am

Moreover, about a subject on which I have strong views and by way of redressing the balance, I would implore those detractors, who on the basis of a cursory glance were so quick to publish negative opinions about a small contentious fraction of the content of the WAB fungi forums, to conduct a simple search of them using the "ABFG" limiter. They, and fellow ABFG members, can then see, and realize that in keeping with the proposals of last year's AGM, that WAB provides a vehicle for a vast amount of positive publicity for our organization.

David Edington
David Edington

Return to Forayer articles