Leaky mail list?

The national UK fungal records database of the ABFG

Leaky mail list?

Postby david dell » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:31 pm

Has there been a leak as have had a message refering to my long departed great-aunt,purporting to come from ABFG
david dell

Re: Leaky mail list?

Postby admin » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:58 pm

David - just read your post, which is of concern. Could you please confirm exactly who this message purportedly came from, their email address, and content of message (if agreeable to you). Please send to me privately at my office email address. If this is what I suspect, misuse of the forum by a new member rather than a 'leak', the person originating the post will be subject to an immediate and irrevocable ban.

MJ
Michael Jordan
Forum moderator
admin
Site Admin

Postby david dell » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:07 pm

copy of item on its way to you from claycart_dragons.
Currently my brother's aol mail address is also being used,although he passed away a year ago,promising to send me a message if there was anything out there!Some odd things happening.
david dell

Postby admin » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:25 am

David

Quick additional question - did the email to your late brother's address emanate from the same source? If so it will be barred this morning, though how this latest address would have been gained I have no idea, because it appears not to have come through the forum (in which no email addresses are listed, other than to the administrator).

MJ
Michael Jordan
Forum moderator
admin
Site Admin

Postby david dell » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:45 am

No they just turn up inviting me to "interesting" sites.Have sent a mail to my neice suggesting that Alan's computer was not cleaned out on disposal!
david dell

Postby admin » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:58 pm

The origin of the messages has been ascertained. The source has now been barred from the ABFG Forum.

MJ
Michael Jordan
Forum moderator
admin
Site Admin

Return to CATE