CATE 2 progress

The national UK fungal records database of the ABFG

Re: CATE 2 progress

Postby david dell » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:39 pm

Datasets.
Can I assume that since we are working on-line that the compiled datasets are already at your end?
david dell

Postby admin » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:14 pm

The admin can access them, David, yes. Having tested 1,000 records from an external offline Excel file, for the 'sniffing' process by which each batch of records is screened and found it to be working well, we are about to test the complete upload function for that 'test' 1,000.

The transfer function for online records will be up and running shortly - an easier technical process because they are already 'clean'.

Any records that you create online are secure in your personal online My Datasets folders and will also very shortly be available for you to download to an Excel spreadsheet. They have also transferred through to the admin 'work-in-progress' dataset. The main dataset is static at the moment on ABFG ID No. 514997. However as soon as the last link of the transfer module is complete the records that various recorders have added whilst trying the system out in the last week will be submitted.

Right now, I am looking at David's dataset for Surrey dated 01/11/2010, including another nice record of Phellodon confluens. Spooky isn't it (as Edna would say)?

MJ
Michael Jordan
Forum moderator
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:00 am

Monday update.

The bulk records uploader to CATE2 is now fully tested and functional. If you have 2010 records on Excel, do please let us have them so that they can be inserted into the database. Every record submitted makes a difference.

Recorders are also now rapidly piling records onto the Online Recorder, pending upload. Great stuff. Please keep up the good work. Now the system needs your endorsement! If you like all the hard work that is going into it, don't keep quiet about it. Post your findings on the forum.

MJ
Michael Jordan
Forum moderator
admin
Site Admin

Postby David Edington » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:17 am

I think we need a sticky thread for a summary of just the instructions without any clutter of discussion or feedback matter Michael. I am getting confused and can't even sign in to on-line CATE. But with my brain fogged with the toxic mist of chemotherapy that's hardly surprising ;) :D

Had a good joint foray with Julie at Minley yesterday and would love to see the finds recorded

Cheers

David
David Edington

Postby admin » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:57 pm

David Edington wrote:I think we need a sticky thread for a summary of just the instructions without any clutter of discussion or feedback matter Michael. I am getting confused and can't even sign in to on-line CATE. But with my brain fogged with the toxic mist of chemotherapy that's hardly surprising ;) :D

Had a good joint foray with Julie at Minley yesterday and would love to see the finds recorded

Cheers

David

I'll take up your useful suggestion and also, David, get you logged in. An initial batch of logins were done over the weekend, but there are more to do and the team is slightly multi-tasking at this moment, as you may appreciate. I didn't want to get bombarded with questions (and data) from too many people that didn't get answered promptly until John and Doreen Bailey are up to speed on the technicalities.
Michael Jordan
Forum moderator
admin
Site Admin

Postby David Edington » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:10 pm

OK Michael TY, patience is a virtue I'll have to relearn; on which point Geraldine will no doubt readily endorse ;) :D

Let me know all in good time.

Cheers

David :)
David Edington

Postby david dell » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:55 pm

One Pink dataset seen,rest are Green.Agreed Place list seems to be next,carrying all those which are MODEstates and sorting others into those that you require. Do you want me to upload places from the old Cate list or will the list be dropped in from your end? It could affect the waiting datasets.At your leisure,Sir!
david dell

Postby David Edington » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:43 am

Silly question, I know, at this time of year, but have you got a spare moment Michael?

http://www.wildaboutbritain.co.uk/forum ... post701173

Cheers

David
David Edington

Postby admin » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:34 pm

Love it to bits, David!!!

MJ
Michael Jordan
Forum moderator
admin
Site Admin

Postby david dell » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:47 pm

Lots of info disappearing into the "gaping mouth" of CATE.You appear to be organized for items found under trees!
When will we have the joy of "Fungus Species Search and Fungus Totals Search" as in CATE1?

We have been able to chase some records on the old data base but it would be nice to be on full base,so we can print out "all" records of a species that we have recorded,thus seeing seasonal pattern.Will also indicate the chances of this season disappearing under "fallen leaves",together with possible snow late next week.!
david dell

PreviousNext

Return to CATE