Page 1 of 1

Camera adapter for my microscope

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:39 am
by Scott Lambert
I'd like to be able to take good spore pictures, currently I'm just pointing my camera down the scope and taking pictures that way.

Can anyone suggest a good camera adapater for my microscope- my camera is a Canon eos 7D and my microscope is a Kyowa one.

I contacted brunel microscopes to ask them and they quoted me £140 for their universal adapter, surely there must be a cheaper option?

Someone else said that 'You need a F-adaptor [one side to the monocular head, the other side, 55mm size thread to the camera, a 55/49 converter ring needed] and a Canon EOS M49 adapter.'

Which is the best and cheapest way to do it?

Re: Camera adapter for my microscope

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:52 pm
by Leif Goodwin
You have probably solved your problem, but eBay is a good source for parts. Even a used adaptor would be fine. Sorry I cannot answer the technical question. I just have an adaptor tube that slots in to the photo tube and an adaptor with a Nikon bayonet mount. Dpreview forums might help you.