Ascertaining camera used

Ascertaining camera used

Postby Roy Miller » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:58 pm

David dell wrote:
Someone did say "that by right clicking the solo photo the camera would be revealed" I tried --nothing worthwhile happened.
Must be a missing step somewhere?

Thought I'd keep it to a more topical forum.

It was I that said the camera details could be acquired. However, not every photo supplies the info. I think the photographs that are attached to the forum post will retain the attributes and properties of the original photo; but ones that are linked to a photo that has an address outside of the forum mayl not show this information - I am happy to be enlightened if I am mistaken.

This is what I can tell from some of the photos attached to forum posts ...

Leif uses a Nikon D200, Richard uses a Canon EOS 400D, Jon N sometimes uses a Nikon D2xs

... It may well be that some zipping/compression programs may also lose this data, but I don't know for sure
[color=#008000][b]Roy[/b][/color]
Roy Miller

Re: Ascertaining camera used

Postby Richard Scott » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:46 pm

As far as my camera is concerned you are entirely correct. Richard
Richard Scott
Richard Scott

Postby david dell » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:37 am

Splendid-- do my pictures say anything?
Been very wary of unseen attachments since a wel known publisher sent me a note about some pictures I had stored on my PC asking me to delete them or pay for them!They wouldn't tell me how they interrogated my PC !
david dell

Postby Neil » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:55 pm

david dell wrote:Splendid-- do my pictures say anything?
Been very wary of unseen attachments since a wel known publisher sent me a note about some pictures I had stored on my PC asking me to delete them or pay for them!They wouldn't tell me how they interrogated my PC !

They weren't photos of Phallus impudicus were they - in which case they probably sm... nah !

Neil.
Neil

Return to Photography