Poisoning rates soar

Is focused foraging for edible fungi justifiable?

Re: Poisoning rates soar

Postby Leif Goodwin » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:12 am

Neil wrote:Presumably because David mentioned the Blusher, I would suspect that's what Geoff has given us.

Neil.

That is logical, but I've never seen so many Blushers, and I've never seen them form rings, so I hoped Geoff would clarify.
Fungi and Nature Photography: http://www.leifgoodwin.co.uk/Fungi/Fungi.html
Leif Goodwin

Postby Neil » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:09 pm

It's Xmas, I expect Geoff has been at the Fly Agaric and is out on his sleigh delivering prezzy's.

Happy Xmas Everyone.

Neil Mahler.
Neil

Postby David Edington » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:22 pm

Leif Goodwin wrote:
Neil wrote:Presumably because David mentioned the Blusher, I would suspect that's what Geoff has given us.

Neil.

That is logical, but I've never seen so many Blushers, and I've never seen them form rings, so I hoped Geoff would clarify.

My thoughts exactly regarding growing pattern etc., and it's not so straight forward! Let's hope for some clarification ;) :?

David
David Edington

Postby GeoffDann » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:43 pm

Leif Goodwin wrote:What species is that Geoff?

Blushers.

I'd seen rings of blushers before then, but never of that size, or three rings together. And this was just the largest group. I must have seen about 15 or 20 rings of blushers that day within about 300 metres of where that photo was taken.
GeoffDann

Previous

Return to Fungus foraging - the debate.